Sheldon Krimsky: Scholarship
Scholarship on Conflicts of Interest
- Krimsky S, Simoncelli T. Testing Pesticides in Humans: Of Mice and Men Divided by Ten, JAMA 297(21), June 6, 2007.
- Krimsky S. Corrupted Science. Series of lectures, presented as PowerPoint presentations, that explore the disengagement of sciences from its ethical roots, resulting in a loss of honesty, integrity, objectivity, autonomy, and public confidence.
- Krimsky S. The Funding Effect in Science and its Implications for the Judiciary. J Law Policy. 2005; 8(1): 43-68.
- Krimsky S. Introduction to Special Issue of Accountability in Research on Conflict of Interest. Accountability in Research. 2004 April-June; 11(2):79-81.
- Krimsky S. Reforming Research Ethics in an Age of Multivested Science. In: Buying in or Selling Out? Donald G. Stein, ed. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press, 2004.
- Krimsky S. Small Gifts, Conflicts of Interest, and the Zero-Tolerance Threshold in Medicine. American Journal of Bioethics. 2003 Summer; 3(3):50-52.
- Krimsky S. Commentary on the Retraction of Scientific Articles. Nature Genetics. 2002 February; 30(2):139-40.
- Krimsky S. Journal Policies on Conflict of Interest: If this is the Therapy, What's the Disease? [Editorial] Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 2001 May-Jun; 70(3):115-117.
- Krimsky S. and LS Rothenberg. Conflict of Interest Policies in Science and Medical Journals: Editorial Practices and Author Disclosures. Science and Engineering Ethics. April 2001; 7(2):205-218.
- Krimsky S. Scientific journals and their authors' financial interests (reprinted). In: The Commercialization of Genetics Research. T.A. Caulfield and B. William-Jones, eds. New York: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
- Krimsky S. Conflict of Interest and Cost-effectiveness Analysis. [Editorial] JAMA. 1999 Oct 20; 282(15):1474-6.
- Krimsky S. The Profit of Scientific Discovery and its Normative Implications. Chicago-Kent Law Review. 1999; 75(1):15-39.
- Krimsky S. and LS Rothenberg. Financial Interest and its Disclosure in Scientific Publicatons. JAMA. 1998 Jul 15; 280(3):225-226.
Read more about Sheldon Krimsky